ok so what lessons am I learning????
...... to listen to God's voice in everything. It's a whole new journey in not self discipline but divine discipline. I want to lose weight but struggle with food, so God has encouraged me to listen to Him, "is this good for my body, do I need this", I have been really challenged that our finances belong to God and to follow His direction before spending money, we've always been quite generous with our money and with gifts, but I sense God calling us deeper into the gift of giving and he needs our finances in order if we are going to be able to do that. To stop and seek God before eating and spending may sound simple but for me it's been huge and is very much a journey that I'm not always getting right.
I am also learning to follow God's promptings. There have been a couple of times lately I've had a nagging feeling to call someone or talk to someone about something and have realised later it was God wanting to use me to bless that person and if I don't pay attention then I miss out on a chance to bless someone!! Part of this lesson is boldness, to not be afraid what people think or of looking foolish, but to be obedient. One such time was stepping out and asking someone that I kept running into for their phone number to keep in touch, I wasn't sure if that would come across as way too forward when I barely knew this person, but after too many 'coincidence' meetings I knew it was a God thing and am looking forward to the friendship developing (yes she gave me her number and we're getting to know each other!).
I'm also learning to embrace life as a mum and to really rely on God during each moment. To be hoonest I am struggling with the juggling act of 3 kids. I feel guilty that none of them get the time from me I'd like to give them because it feels like I just revolve between them all and also the house stuff. I consider it a major achievement at the moment if the clothes get washed and dinner is cooked and for me that takes a lot of 'learning to live in grace' as I have come from the position in the past of being a very big perfectionist and at the moment I am flat out just getting the basics done. I am tired and feeling quite overwhelmed that I rarely get 5 mins to myself and I find myself resenting my husband sometimes because he gets to leave the house without kids and get scheduled meal breaks and I find it really bugs me when I'm feeding Elora during the night while he is snoring beside me, it feels so unfair. And yet this is my calling as a mum and I'm so enjoying being able to breastfeed, even if it means less freedom. God is teaching me to be less selfish and I never realised how painful self sacrifce can be, I wanna learn to be gracious and not try and make a martyr out of myself!!
So that's a snapshot of my current life lessons. I feel this is a real season of letting go of myself and learning to fully immerse in God!!! It has timed in well with starting at a new church as well (we tried a large one for a while but are now at a smaller local version of that big church and we're really enjoying it) where I am also enjoying some very challenging teaching lately and learning to be bold to meet new people. Learning to immerse in God without lots of 'quiet time' is a challenge all in itself, I'm playing worship music, praying while doing daily things, and just being in God's presence in the midst of busyness, plus snatching the quieter times when I can, I am drawing closer to God in a whole new way of needing Him to get through each day!!!
Summer 2021
5 years ago
5 comments:
Hey Caz, thank you for sharing your journey of faith. I love how the Lord gently leads, teaches and guides us so we can change from glory to glory.
Have an awesome day! xxx
There is some hard lessons you are learning - but ones I am confident that you will look back on years from now and say, "I am so glad I went through that tough period, as I have come out the otherside of the season closer to God and closer to who I am meant to be." xo
Wow sounds like God has you and I learning so similar things - He has been speaking to me about finances and food too!! It is amazing to watch God take you on this journey and see you grow and change in His likeness!! In regards to 3 kids, I found the first 4-5 months of Auroras life a HUGE change from having 2 to now 3 kids. It was VERY difficult at times and I cried often. BUT it all of a sudden got much easier and since about 7 months I have been eager to be preg again and continue to add more of Gods blessings to our fam. I just wanted to encourage you that it does get easier and that the time thing - having enough for each child - all of a sudden clicks into place. One thing God reminded me of is that I am not God, He IS and so I am not meant to be all and everything for my children, He is. So while I am meant to nuture and love and guide them, only He can fulfill all their needs, and I don't have to. I found that so freeing!!!
Praying for you.
Luv Donna
I love what you shared Carolyn and totally LOVED what Donna shared with you too. It is hard (especially having a child with special needs in the mix - i know!) but these are His kids first and foremost. As you continue to 'seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness' I know all other things will be added unto you (Matt 6). God bless mate as you walk this out. We are all a work-in-progress!!!!
Love Lus x
Yes, I find listening to worship music throughout the day brings me constantly back to the awareness of God.
Post a Comment